A newly refreshed and enhanced Resource Directory is available on the W.K. Kellogg Foundation’s (WKKF) website, featuring a greater number and variety of resources from WKKF grantees and partners. In recognition of the foundation’s 90th anniversary year, this collection honors decades of community-led efforts to support thriving children, working families and equitable communities. Resources available showcase the resulting lessons, solutions, models and approaches emerging from its investments.
The updated Resource Directory includes more than 800 knowledge products (e.g., publications, reports, briefs, research studies, videos and more). This growing online collection primarily offers knowledge products published between 2001 and 2020, but also includes the foundation’s annual reports going back to its first, published in 1951. Items featured in this collection were published or funded by the Kellogg Foundation and created as a public good. Knowledge products will be added to the Resource Directory on a rolling basis, as grantees and partners continue to curate learning from program efforts and create innovative local solutions.
“Our founder, Will Keith Kellogg, called us to pursue, ‘the practical application of knowledge,’” says La June Montgomery Tabron, president and CEO. “Part of that vision was to put available knowledge into the hands of those responsible for the health, happiness and well-being of children. As we mark our 90th year, this knowledge repository brings forward a legacy of community-driven learning as a resource for creative adaptation in addressing today’s challenges.”
Powered by IssueLab, Candid’s open knowledge repository for the social sector, items from WKKF’s Resource Directory will also appear in searches at public libraries and other learning institutions. By partnering with IssueLab, these knowledge products are easily accessible to funders, practitioners, advocates, students and community members who can benefit from the data, learning and experience of WKKF grantees and partners.
Knowledge products in this directory demonstrate innovative solutions and community expertise on various topics, including community engagement, dental therapy, early childhood education, employment equity, food systems, health equity, leadership, maternal and child health, and racial equity and racial healing.
Users can explore the abundance of insightful publications, research studies, articles and more from WKKF’s history to contemporary focus areas and priority places in the U.S., Mexico and Haiti. Resource Directory filters help to refine searches and identify special topics – from Dental Therapy to Impact Investing. Some sample knowledge products featured in the Resource Directory include:
- Under the special topic, Racial Equity & Healing, you’ll find knowledge products such as reports focusing on implicit bias, racial healing and making the business case for racial equity.
- Under Health Equity, check out multiple reports on public, oral and maternal & child health; and in Food Systems, studies showcasing the creation of community food systems and Tribal food systems.
- Under Early Childhood Education, encounter research highlighting innovative solutions to provide culturally competent, high-quality education to children from ages 0 to 8.
- Under Community Engagement, examine community-led solutions that have tapped local expertise and resources to transform the lives of children and families across the U.S., in sovereign tribes and in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- And under Employment Equity, you can explore models and recommendations to help families find and obtain stable, high-quality jobs.
Learn more at www.wkkf.org/resource-directory.