The overall impact achieved by the Young Citizen project demonstrates the scope of its activities in Maranhão state’s Baixada lowland region and lake district.
Foremost among them are:
- The introduction of vocational secondary education.
- Digital inclusion, as a result of the establishment of 12 telecenters.
- The inclusion of youth in the circuit of farming activities that preserve the agroecosystem, which has improved family incomes and nutrition.
- The inclusion of youth in the management of the region’s social organizations (among them the Young Citizen Management Forum), which has improved the methods of association for mutual aid.
- The inclusion of youth in municipal education department activities.
- An improvement in the quality of housing for young people in the region.
- Youth participation in municipal governments (Youth, Sanitation and Town Planning Departments).
- An improvement in the operating methods of youth organizations.
- And extended access to culture, to communication and to sport and leisure activities.
- Interview: Fábio Cabral, from Formação NGO
- Young Citizen Empowers Communities from the Baixada Maranhense
- Interview: Denivaldo Moraes, from the Youth Forum of the Matinha municipal district
- Publications Chart Progress of Young Citizen Project
- Interview: Regina Cabral, from Incubadora do Maranhão
- Communication Promotes Growth and Visibility of Social Project