The 3rd round of 21st Century Community Learning Center grants was announced last week. Three grants were given to the Buffalo programs and one grant was given to a program in Cheektowaga (a nearby suburb). All four grantees are active members of the Public Policy and Education Fund’s after-school campaign. Rich Dombkowski, KLCC fellow and after-school provider, played a lead role not only in writing the grant for his program but in also pulling together a creative collaboration between schools, providers and community organizations.
- Boys & Gilrs of Buffalo – $290,000
- Boys & Girls Clubs of the Northlowns – $142,134
- Child & Adolescent Treament Services (Cheektowaga) – $416,896
- Concerned Ecumenical Ministry (CEM) – $648,233 -this is Rich’s program
- Total Funding – $1,497,263