Program officers at the W.K. Kellogg Foundation are responsible for identifying and nurturing opportunities for affecting positive systemic change within communities and executing programming efforts that are aligned with the organizational direction.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field relevant to assigned area is required and an advanced degree is preferred.
- Significant work experience demonstrating strong organizational and administrative skills. Minimum five years of related work experience and demonstrated success in a field or fields relevant to assigned responsibilities. Significant relevant work experience with strong networks and contacts with deep and comprehensive understanding of program design and development, systems, networking, and community change is preferred.
- Experience in the formation or management of effective strategic and operational partnerships with other organizations.
- Understanding of and experience navigating public and private sector systems and processes.
- Experience working with issues and communities relevant to the programmatic priorities of the foundation.
- Experience working effectively on equity issues with persons from diverse cultural, social, economic, religious, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Significant local, state, and national systems experience in economic, workforce and enterprise development, economic inclusion, and employment equity.
- Sophisticated understanding of economic disparities and opportunities in New Mexico and related systems and policy landscapes at the local, state, and federal levels.
- Knowledge of pressing issues, emerging opportunities, leaders, and communities in New Mexico.
- Experience with state, local and tribal community organizing and policy advocacy on issues affecting New Mexico working families with children.
- Familiarity with legislative and regulatory processes.
- Relevant work experience in New Mexico, including strong networks throughout the state and nationally.
How to Apply
The foundation is partnering with an executive search firm, Nonprofit Professionals Advisory Group, to fill this position. To apply or if you wish to make a referral, use the following link here.
The W.K. Kellogg Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.