- Master’s degree in a field relevant to assigned areas is preferred.
- Minimum five years’ experience in fields relevant to assigned responsibilities. Preference for significant relevant work experience (8+ years) with strong networks and contacts, as well as a broad, generalist background with deep and comprehensive understanding of program design and development, systems, networking, and community change.
- Evidence of effective work beyond areas of relevant field of practice and technical skills in one or more core programming areas (family economic security; food, health and well-being; education and learning; civic engagement; racial equity, etc.) that support the goal area/regional strategy are essential.
- Successful experience working as part of a multidisciplinary team and working effectively with persons from diverse cultural, social and ethnic backgrounds.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Team building capabilities within WKKF and in communities.
- Time management and ability to multitask and navigate the field effectively both within updated technological systems and community development models.
- Experience in entrepreneurship, business development, social enterprise development, employee-owned business models or banking and finance required.
- Ability to apply business knowledge to expand economic opportunity for low-income people required.
- Knowledge of financial services policies on family economic security required.
- Operational experience with making financial systems and products available to low-income people required.
- Understanding of intersections between workforce development and enterprise development is strongly preferred.
- Experience working in varied geographies and with diverse populations strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of asset development, including financial education and coaching is strongly preferred.
- Background in green enterprise development desired.
- Prior grantmaking or foundation experience desired.
- Fluency in Spanish desired.
How to Apply
The foundation has partnered with an executive search firm to fill this position. Download the Executive Summary. To apply for the position, please submit a substantive cover letter and current resume to:
Lauren I. Gumbs, Senior Partner
Gumbs + Partners
Via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org