- Level of education appropriate to standard for field of expertise.
- Substantial number of years of work experience in fields relevant to assigned areas. Minimum of 15 years’ increasingly-responsible experience. Effective work beyond areas of relevant field of practice and technical skills in one or more core programming area.
- Recognized in areas of expertise through established networks, publications, contributions and accomplishments.
- Significant management experience, including management of multidisciplinary teams of persons from diverse cultural, social and ethnic backgrounds.
- Deep and comprehensive understanding of the opportunities and the program strategies that can best align with WKKF mission and goals and aspirations of people from our place-based programming regions.
- Evidence of effective work in public, private and non-profit sectors with networks in areas of health, education, economic development and community engagement important. Experience with community development, leadership development and public policy work helpful.
- Knowledge of and work experience in Latin America, in particular Mexico and Central America required, including knowledge of culture, social, and economic development in Latin America.
- A working knowledge of Spanish, Portuguese and/or French Creole is preferred.
- Accurate and current knowledge about trends, movements, and developing policy to stimulate appropriate programming directions and capitalize on emerging opportunities. Understanding of broad social and economic forces that affect communities and families and shape programming efforts.
How to Apply
The foundation will be partnering with an executive search firm to fill this position. Download the Executive Summary. Please submit all nominations, inquiries and/or application materials, including a letter of application, resume and a list of references in confidence to:
Nonprofit Professionals Advisory Group