- Bachelor’s degree in a field relevant to assigned areas is required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Significant work experience (8-10 years) in fields relevant to assigned responsibilities as well as a broad, generalist background with deep and comprehensive understanding of program design and development, systems, and networking. Distinguished in relevant field of practice.
- Evidence of effective work beyond areas of relevant field of practice and technical skills in one or more of the foundation’s core programming areas.
- Successful experience working as part of a multidisciplinary team and working effectively with persons from diverse cultural, social and ethnic backgrounds.
- Demonstrated success in stewarding partnerships with government agencies, foundations, policymakers and stakeholders in agriculture, public health, economic development, education and community organizations in support of advancement for children and families.
- Deep knowledge, expertise and understanding of the broad social and economic forces, systems policy, theories, models and strategies surrounding food systems and access, sustainable agriculture and public health.
- Knowledge and sensitivity to effectively work with and support vulnerable communities including appreciation for historical context, discernment of relationship nuances and power dynamics, and understanding of social, racial and ethnic realities.
- Ability to translate concept into action and stimulate program direction that capitalizes upon emerging opportunities. Capacity to develop and implement impactful programs and effectively communicate conceptual program frameworks to grant-seekers and trustees.
- Networks, knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas: food, health and well-being, racial equity and civic engagement preferred.
How to Apply
Download the Executive Summary. Submit application materials including a letter of application, curriculum vita and a list of references in confidence to:
Jack Gorman, Vice President
Ariannah Mirick, Senior Associate
263 Summer Street
Boston, MA 02210