- Master’s degree in a field relevant to assigned areas is preferred.
- Minimum five years’ experience in fields relevant to assigned responsibilities. Preference for significant relevant work experience (8+ years) with strong networks and contacts, as well as a broad, generalist background with deep and comprehensive understanding of program design and development, systems, networking, and community change.
- Evidence of effective work beyond areas of relevant field of practice and technical skills in one or more core programming areas (family economic security; food, health and well-being; education and learning; civic engagement; racial equity, etc.) that support the goal area/regional strategy are essential.
- Successful experience working as part of a multidisciplinary team and working effectively with persons from diverse cultural, social and ethnic backgrounds.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Team building capabilities within WKKF and in communities.
- Time management and ability to multitask and navigate the field effectively both within updated technological systems and community development models.
Deep knowledge of issues and communities in Battle Creek and Calhoun county is preferred.
Significant work experience in Battle Creek is a plus.
Expertise in economic development and community development in similar communities preferred.
How to Apply
External search firm
How to apply (*external search firm specs.)
The foundation will be partnering with an executive search firm to fill this position. Please submit all nominations, inquiries and/or application materials, including a letter of application, resume and a list of references in confidence to:
Nonprofit Professionals Advisory Group