Serving under the direction of the director of Latin America and Caribbean Programs (LAC), the program officer for Haiti is responsible for identifying and nurturing opportunities for affecting positive systemic change within communities, and executing programming efforts that are aligned with the organizational direction.
- Master’s degree in a field relevant to assigned areas is preferred.
- Minimum five years’ experience in fields relevant to assigned responsibilities. Preference for significant relevant work experience (8+ years) with strong networks and contacts, as well as a broad, generalist background with deep and comprehensive understanding of program design and development, systems, networking, and community change. Must have expertise in Haitian or international health equity and income generation and knowledge, skills and experience in racial equity, community engagement and/or leadership development.
- Experience working effectively with persons from diverse cultural, social, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Fluency in French, Haitian Creole and English.
- Foundation or nonprofit experience preferred.
- Experience working in a high performing and agile organization with a team-oriented culture.
One position remains open -- The remaining Program Officer position will focus on Health.
How to Apply
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applicant materials will start immediately and continue until finalist candidates have been identified.
APPLICATIONS/NOMINATIONS PROCESS: The foundation is partnering with an executive search firm to fill these positions. Please submit all nominations, inquiries and/or application materials, including a letter of application, resume and a list of references in confidence to:
Nonprofit Professionals Advisory Group