Under the leadership of the vice president for program strategy, the director of Michigan programs will provide oversight for execution of the strategic framework within Michigan, coordinate program strategy execution in collaboration with other directors and in alignment with the foundation Executive Council, and effect day-to-day management of assigned human, technical and financial resources. The director is also responsible for full integration of foundation strategic priorities within assigned priority places.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field relevant to assigned areas is required; master’s degree preferred.
- Significant work experience (8-10 years) in fields relevant to assigned responsibilities with strong networks and contacts, as well as a broad, generalist background with deep and comprehensive understanding of program design and development, systems, networking and community change. Distinguished in relevant field of practice.
- Evidence of effective work beyond areas of relevant field of practice and technical skills in one or more of the foundation’s core programming areas.
- Successful experience working as part of a multidisciplinary team and working effectively with persons from diverse cultural, social and ethnic backgrounds.
- Deep understanding of local issues and communities, as well as significant networks, knowledge and experience in Michigan preferred.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong, authentic and strategic relationships to leverage participation of other foundations, businesses, governmental agencies and other key decision makers in Michigan with credibility and ability to be effective within education and policy circles.
- Knowledge and sensitivity to effectively work with and support vulnerable communities including appreciation for historical context, discernment of relationship nuances and power dynamics, and understanding of social, racial and ethnic realities.
- Success in designing (geographic) place-based system and social change strategies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Spanish or other language ability desired.
How to Apply
APPLICATIONS/NOMINATIONS PROCESS: The foundation will be partnering with an executive search firm to fill this position. Review of applicant materials will continue until finalist candidates have been identified. Please submit all nominations, inquiries and/or application materials, including a letter of application, resume and a list of references in confidence to:
Nonprofit Professionals Advisory Group