Serving under the direction of the vice president or director, the program officer is responsible for identifying and nurturing opportunities for affecting positive systemic change within communities, and executing programming efforts that are aligned with the organizational direction. The program officer will work closely with other staff to ensure integration and coordination of efforts.
Master’s degree or higher in a field relevant to assigned areas is preferred.
- Significant work experience (8-10 years) in fields relevant to assigned responsibilities as well as a broad, generalist background with deep and comprehensive understanding of program design and development, systems and networking. Distinguished in relevant field of practice.
- Evidence of effective work beyond areas of relevant field of practice and technical skills in one or more core programming areas (family economic security; food, health and well-being; education and learning; civic engagement; racial equity, etc.) that support the goal area/regional strategy are essential.
- Successful experience working as part of a multidisciplinary team and working effectively with persons from diverse cultural, social and ethnic backgrounds.
- Evidence of strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Team building capabilities within WKKF and in communities.
- Time management and ability to multitask and navigate the field effectively both within updated technological systems and community development models.
HOW TO APPLY
WKKF is being assisted with this search by the Nonprofit Professionals Advisory Group. For a copy of the role summary document, see attached. Applications including a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications, your resume (in Word format), salary history and where you learned of the position should be sent to:KF-POMSNOLA@nonprofitprofessionals.com