Serving under the direction of the director of FES, the program officer is responsible for identifying and nurturing opportunities for affecting positive systemic change within communities, and executing programming efforts that are aligned with the organizational direction. The program officer will work closely with other staff to ensure integration and coordination of efforts.
- Master’s degree in a field relevant to assigned areas is preferred.
- Minimum five years’ experience in fields relevant to assigned responsibilities. Preference for significant relevant work experience (8+ years) with strong networks and contacts, as well as a broad, generalist background with deep and comprehensive understanding of program design and development, systems, networking, and community change.
- Evidence of effective work beyond areas of relevant field of practice and technical skills in one or more core programming areas (family economic security; food, health and well-being; education and learning; civic engagement; racial equity, etc.) that support the goal area/regional strategy are essential.
- Successful experience working as part of a multidisciplinary team and working effectively with persons from diverse cultural, social and ethnic backgrounds.
- Expertise in workforce issues and expanding access to quality employment.
- Expertise in small business development and/or asset development as a key component of economic security (a plus).
- Success in designing programs and leading initiatives that result in policy, systems, and community change.
- Knowledge of public and private sector systems, models, and strategies that foster workforce mobility and financial stability.
- Networked with leaders, experts, and advocates in the family economic security field.
How to Apply
APPLICATIONS/NOMINATIONS PROCESS: The foundation is partnering with an executive search firm to fill this position. Review of applicant materials will continue until finalist candidates have been identified. Please submit all nominations, inquiries and/or application materials, including a letter of application, resume and a list of references in confidence to:
Paul Spivey, Phillips Oppenheim