Serving under the direction of the vice president, the program officer is responsible for identifying and nurturing opportunities for affecting positive systemic change within communities, and executing programming efforts that are aligned with the organizational direction. The program officer will work closely with other staff to ensure integration and coordination of efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in field relevant to assigned area required, with three or more years’ significant relevant experience.
- Foundation or nonprofit experience preferred.
- Experience working effectively with persons from diverse cultural, social and ethnic backgrounds.
- Evidence of strong written and verbal communications skills.
ADDITIONAL POSITION-SPECIFIC INFORMATION
- Diverse base of networks and constituencies working in areas mentioned above is preferred.
- Success in designing (geographic) place-based system and social change strategies.
- Child development and early learning or early childhood education knowledge.
- State early childhood education policy; i.e., Head Start, curricula, teacher quality and school change knowledge.
This position reports to the deputy director.
HOW TO APPLY
WKKF is being assisted with this search by the Nonprofit Professionals Advisory Group. Applications including a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications, your resume (in Wordformat), salary history and where you learned of the position should be sent to:
KF-PMFES@nonprofitprofessionals.com. In order to expedite the internal sorting and reviewing process, please type your name (last, first) as the only contents in the subject line of your email.